Sunday, April 26, 2009

When am I ever going to learn?

When? That is my question to myself. I joined Twitter, and Facebook this last week. I haven't made time to keep my blog up to date in months. Do I really think that I will be any better at twittering or facebooking. Twitter and Facebook are a little faster to jot a note off to someone. My blog is mostly for myself. Yet I know there are people who will stumble upon it so I can't just use it like a diary. My older sister will look at my blog but I have no hopes of her joining Facebook.

I have finished the pieced part of the Orange crush borders, In my case it has to be called Strawberry lime. I would have gotten them sewn on today but I baby sat my two cute grand girls. Almost 3 and 19 months old. I love them dearly but they sure wear this 52 yo out. Maybe I can get the borders on tomorrow. I think I'll go cut the strips that make the pieced section match the center. If I have my math right I have to cut them 1.5 inches. That small of a border scares me. Some times you just have to trust and jump.

Did you notice the boo boo in the blue and yellow. It is now turned right. I should have a picture soon of the completed center. It is done I just have to get the right light to snap a pic. I have to go shopping ( Oh Darn ) for the right blue for the border. I am toying with some applique ideas. I don't think a pieced border would add to it.

Hug someone you love and goodnight.

1 comment:

AmyCT said...

Hello Charlotte,
I was googling quilt shops in Columbia, and came across your blog. We are planning to move to Columbia soon ( within 1 year, if our house sells) and I do not see many fabric shops in that area. '
I do order many fabrics online but also like to shop in person.
Are there shops that are hidden from the internet?
And do you belong to any of the guilds?
Thanks
Amy