Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's day






Today is Mother's day and I wish a beautiful day to every Mother. There is a storm going through right now. It woke me up and so what better thing to do when you can't go back to sleep? Blog or sew. I took these pictures yesterday. Under the unfinished quilt is my DD, Kimberly. Can you see her face? She was taking a little nap before getting off to work yesterday. The other picture is Garfunkle, He is 15 years old. He is sleeping in my string container on top of some completed blocks that have some black in them, I know I'll have a white kitty fur mess when I start putting those blocks together. Funny how everyone in the house including the animals winds up back here in my little habitat when I am sewing.I get up to iron and the next thing I know there will be no place for me to sit. I can't go anywhere without the dog, Darla following. I'll put a picture of her up in the near future. The quilt that Kimberly is snuggled under has been in the making for a long time. She asked for it a long time ago too. When she sees me starting another project she will ask, Who are you making that for? Most of the time, no one in particular and she usually gets it committed to her. I am very lucky that she is a patient person. Because it takes me a long time to complete most of my quilts. My son on the other hand is not patient and does not know the meaning of delayed gratification. He does seem to be able to pull some from deep within when taking care of the babies. He has a soon to be 2 year old and an 8 month old. Both girls. Pictures of them later too. I can't get everything posted in 1 day. Time to sew now before everyone starts getting up to go to church. Charlotte

No comments: